Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Miss School

Those are the only words for it. I miss school, the very thing that has plagued my life since I was 5. I miss it, the anxiety of getting report cards, the excitement of first day, the sadness mixed with freedom you get on the last day. I remember feeling depressed over bad grades, annoyed at teachers, griping over too much homework. But despite all of this, I want to experience the happiness of it all, the joy of eating lunch with your classmates, the smile of the teacher when you turn in your homework, and most of all the smelly little brats I shared classes with. I miss them all, the group of harpies whose minds seemed to only be on fashion, the small but annoying little jerks, the sporty, sarcastic, smiley boy in my Spanish class that I developed a small crush on, all of those kids. I miss getting good grades. I miss wishing for death to come for me during gym class exercises. I even miss the extra work and detentions, the awkward slow dances and boy-girl partners for projects. The prearranged seating arrangements. The schedule. Looking back, It's all so beautiful, all of it. The bad, the good, all of it. In Beijing, the only schools I can go to are international schools, privately owned and costing more than any parent would spend for their child. Seriously, though. I may not be a parent, but I can kinda see. I mean, even though my sister and I are still kids ourselves, Don't think we don't notice the fact that we're brats. Mom and dad act like money isn't a problem, but I can see the looks on their faces. I can tell when people are stretching the truth a bit. Besides, I don't want to go to that school. Mom and dad say that the reason they thought it was it a good idea to bring their two monsters along to China was because they wanted me to learn Chinese. Sure, I'll learn Chinese, but only because I have started to become competitive. it's weird, when I was in elementary school, I was the least competitive kid on the planet.
Gym Teacher: "don't you want to win the baseball game?"
Me: ... noooooo...
Gym Teacher: "Why?"
Me: ...I always lose.

Gym Teacher: "Who knows, maybe this time you'll win."
Me: "No, I wont. Because I
don't feel like winning the game today."
Gym Teacher: "But with that out
look on life, You won't win, even when you want to.
Me: "But it's haaaard..."
Gym Teacher: "Somebody's gotta wi
n, right?"
Me: "Somebody's gotta lose, too."
Gym Teacher: "You have a loose tooth?"

Me: "Not yet. When the ball hits me I will."
Hardy har har. A bundle of joy, I was. Compare my second grade self to Chrona from Soul Eater. Seemingly depressed, I walked around with
an expressionless face and did whatever anyone told me to. I was the epitome of pitiful. Aww, how Cute~ I know, what kind of Seocnd-grader has pink hair and a weird monster-soul-type-thing coming out of her back, but You get the idea. Focus on it's expression. Yes, I say it, becasue if any readers are familiar with the manga Soul Eater, and have read as far as to where Chrona appears, You'll know waht I mean. And I mean this. IS CHRONA A BOY OR A GIRL!?!?
Honestly. I think the mangaka wanted to keep it a secret. It loks like a girl to me, though. Although there are a lot of womanish guys in manga. See, I'll list some.




Take Count D from Petshop of Horrors:
















Agito/Akito from Air Gear:


















A couple from Naruto: *coughSASUKEANDNEJIcough*













All of the ghey hosts in Ouran High School Host Club:















Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho:



















and who could forget Tsuna and Mukuro (pineapple-head) from Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
(Hibari's just randomly there. He's a manly man, He doesn't count as a womanish guy. But can you say Guy-version-tsundere?)













All of the people I've listed are w
omanish guys. Oh, and I almost forgot Akito and Yuki from Fruits Basket:
















And Kurapika from HunterxHunter: (HunterXHunter is actually where I got the term "Womanish Guy" from. Thank you, Leorio (AKA Hanekoma's twin)













And Mello and Nea from Death Note:

But you get my point right? And How did I go from talking about school to talking about feminine (possibly ghey) manga characters? I mean, That's waaaaay off topic. It's all your fault, Chrona. Bwahahaha. (I'm just kidding, I could never wound cute little Chrona's delicate girlish heart. Unless she was a dude. Then the relentless teasing would start, and god knows where it would end.)

Anyway, School! See, that's why I never became a very good student. My mind is constantly wandering. Good for about an hour, and then I start thinking about manga, or Pizza, or where I'd like to go for vacation this summer, or something like that. but that's what I hated most about me. If I got good grades, I could get on the honro roll. ANd if I got on the Honor Roll... oh whatever. Let me explain with a diagram, those are fun. And it alos provides a look into how I can go from one subject to another in the blink of an eye.

Concentration --> Good Grades --> Honor Roll --> Popular --> Friends --> Loyalty --> Class President --> Student Council --> Supreme Power --> Rule The World

There, see? That's how my brain works. So confusing.

And I wonder why I put "Rule The World" there. Oops. Kufufu...
(By the way, sorry for some of the shonen-ai pics. I tried to not use them, but they were the best out of all of the ones with two of them in one pic. Besides, they were mild anyway. >< Except for maybe the Death Note pic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment